PRIVACY & SECURITY
Kinvara Balfour Ltd. is committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy explains what information we collect and how we use the personal information you supply to us. In using our website, any of our services or providing us with any personal information we will assume you are agreeing to your information being used and disclosed in the ways described in this policy.
1. WHO WE ARE?
Kinvara Balfour is an independent director, writer, producer and public speaker. Kinvara Balfour’s UK company Kinvara Balfour Ltd is registered in England and Wales and its office address is 1 Sloane Court East, London, SW3 4TQ.
2. DATA PROTECTION ACT
In carrying out our day-to-day activities we process and store personal information relating to our customers and are therefore required to adhere to the requirements of all data protection legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (applicable from 25 May 2018) and any substantially similar local legislation, including the guidance, codes of practice, recommendations and deliberations of the relevant supervisory authority, in each case as amended or replaced from time to time.We take our responsibilities under these acts very seriously and are always striving to ensure the personal information we obtain is held, used, transferred or otherwise processed in accordance with these acts.
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You can access our website pages and browse our website without disclosing your personal data. If you choose to register your details via our web site for our occasional newsletters, then your details will be stored in a safe way and not disclosed or sold to any third parties. We will only contact you from time to time with information that we feel may be beneficial to you or your organisation. We do not store any credit card details on our systems.
5. HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
We are permitted to use the information we collect about you to:
- Manage your account
- Administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting & hosting of data) – this is necessary for the security of our network, the smooth running of our IT system and to comply with any required legal obligations
- Monitor visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the design and layout of our sites
- To get your feedback Where you have given consent, we may: Send you information such as company news, new content and events. We will only send you marketing information by email.
6. WHO WE WILL SHARE THE INFORMATION WITH? We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party
for commercial reasons.
7. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information we collect about our site visitors is held on secure servers. In situations where these servers are externally hosted we will only use reputable hosting companies which adhere to security policies and procedures at least as stringent as our own.
8. STOPPING COMMUNICATION FROM US
If you decide you no longer want us to contact you, you can request that we stop by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘update your contact preferences’ on any marketing emails. Alternatively, to stop postal communications when you do not have an account with us you can email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, address and nature of the communication you received. When you unsubscribe we will act quickly.
9. LEGAL ENFORCEMENT
10. YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION ACT You have the right to:
- Change your communication preferences at any time
- Ask us to remove your personal information from our records
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you
- Raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used
11. CONTACT US
If you wish to find out more about your rights or obtain a copy of the information we hold about you, please email our data protection officer at email@example.com quoting Security and Privacy Enquiry. Alternatively, you can write to us at: Data Protection Officer, Kinvara Balfour Ltd., 1 Sloane Court East, London, SW3 4TQ.
We use the following cookies
- Necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. In the instance of Kinvara Balfour Ltd. they include, for example, cookies that are used to distribute traffic to the website on several servers in order to optimise response times. These cookies will automatically expire after browsing session end.
- Preference cookies. Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in. These cookies will automatically expire between browsing session end and 3 years.
- Statistics cookies. Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously. These cookies will automatically expire between browsing session end and 2 years.
- Marketing cookies. Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. These cookies will automatically expire between browsing session end and 2 years.
- Unclassified cookies. Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies. These cookies will automatically expire between browsing session end and 999 days.